Researcher Emily Wood views carnival sketches from the Carlisle Chang Collection. Photo courtesy Kenwyn Murray.
The Alma Jordan Library is located in the St. Augustine area within walking distance of three major roadways: The Churchill Roosevelt Highway, the Main Road and the Priority Bus Route. The shortest walking distance is from the highway. View maps of the St. Augustine Campus. Special Collections is located on the second floor of The Alma Jordan Library.
If you are visiting Trinidad and Tobago, there are a number of guest houses to use inclusive of the University Inn.
Research Our Collections
West Indiana and Special Collections has a non-circulating collection and the stacks are only open to Post Graduates and Faculty members of the UWI. Our catalogues and guides are keys to finding resources in the special collections.
Here are some tips
- Descriptions of each special collection open for research are available in our integrated catalogue, UWILinC and on our website.
- Inventories, container lists and detailed guides are available in print or via our special collections database. These would give you information about items in each collection as well as Box and Folder numbers.
- Some of our special collections have stand alone databases and are available via the website.
Reading Room Guidelines
- Readers may only take into the Research Room, electronic writing devices, paper and pencils.
- Lockers are available at the Circulation and Access Department for storing personal items.
- Users have to fill out a User Request Form to request items from the collection.
- Only one folder should be open on your desk at a time. No marks should be added or erased.
- Help us care for the material by treating them gently. We provide advice on the best book support for the item you are planning to use.
- If your require copies, consult with the staff. For your information here are our copying guidelines.
- Upon exit, your documents would be checked by our personnel.