The Multimedia and Information Technology Unit houses the MSL Information Commons where access to the Internet, productivity software, computer assisted learning programmes, interactive software, CD-ROM databases and online electronic resources including bibliographic databases are enabled.
Currently, there are 25 networked computers on which users can access the Internet and use applications for project work.
The Multi-Purpose Lab
Who Can Use the Computer Labs
- Priority use for UWI students
- Elective students visiting the campus
Using the Computer Labs
- Students must present a valid ID
- Online computers - Students must present a valid ID in order to activate accounts in the Pharos Management System (the software which manages the sign up and printing services on the computers in the Unit).
- To use an online computer, join the Pharos Queue and observe when you are added to the list on the Queue Station. Ask staff for assistance.
Monday to Fridays, 8:00a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Computer Access
- Computer Labs/Internet Access
- Access to subscribed electronic information resources
- Printing ––Laser prints (Colour and Black & White)
Violation of copyright is not allowed.
Patrons are responsible for damage resulting from misuse of equipment and/or resources.
Multimedia Collection and Equipment
- 1,100 multimedia resources (videotapes, CD--ROMs, DVDs, audiotapes, slide tapes)
- Multimedia projector, VCRs, TVs, Slide Projectors, Audio equipment, DVD Player, Scanner