Who Can Use the Information Commons
- Priority use for UWI students
- Elective students visiting the campus
Using the Information Commons
- Students must present a valid ID
- Online computers - Students must present a valid ID in order to activate accounts in the Pharos Management System (the software which manages the sign up and printing services on the computers in the Unit).
- To use an online computer, join the Pharos Queue and observe when you are added to the list on the Queue Station. Ask staff for assistance.
Monday to Fridays, 8:30a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Multimedia and Information Technology Unit houses the MSL Information Commons where access to the Internet, productivity software, computer-assisted learning programmes, interactive software, CD-ROM databases and online electronic resources including bibliographic databases are enabled.
Currently, there are 30 networked computers on which users can access the Internet and use applications for project work.
Computer Facilities and Services
- Computer Access
- Computer Lab/Internet Access
- Access to subscribed electronic information resources
- Printing ––Laser prints (Colour and Black & White)
Violation of copyright is not allowed.
Patrons are responsible for damage resulting from misuse of equipment and/or resources.
Multimedia Collection and Equipment
- 1,700 multimedia resources (videotapes, CD--ROMs, DVDs, audiotapes, slide tapes)
- Multimedia projector, VCRs, TVs, Slide Projectors, Audio equipment, DVD Player, Scanner