Payment of Service Fees and Fines
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, face-to-face transactions have been suspended at this time.
Paying Fines at Republic Bank (The UWI Branch)
Users can pay outstanding fines at the UWI branch of Republic Bank. You are required to fill out a Bank Slip for UWI related payments – kindly follow these steps:
- Select OTHER on the bank's Deposit Form
- At the bottom of the Deposit Form, write The Alma Jordan Library Fines
- Email a scanned copy of the payment/deposit form to Librariesfirstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please indicate your UWI Student ID and Name.
- On receipt of the email, the library will notify you via email that your payment has been registered. The library hold will then be removed from your library account.
Users can opt to pay for the following products or services online (terms and conditions of this service):
- Loan Fines
- Replacement Cost for Lost and Stolen Item(s)
- Printing Services - The Alma Jordan Library's Computer Laboratories (STARRS; UEC)
- Photocopy Cards (The Alma Jordan Library)
- West Indiana and Special Collections Services
Online payments can be made 24/7 with a credit card via the secure portal set up by the Bursary for The Alma Jordan Library.
To effect a payment select the service and the amount you which to pay.
Payments can be made in multiples of $1.00.
After completing your payment, an email confirmation will be sent to the address supplied during the transaction as well as to the Library. The payment will be processed within two (2) business days. Alternatively, the user can also present the emailed receipt during business hours for immediate access to the desired service or for immediate completion of the transaction.
Help is available at + 868 662 2002, Ext: 84030 and Ext: 82132 during the business hours of the Library or via AJLPaymentServices@sta.uwi.edu. Email queries are answered within two (2) business days.
To check whether or not there are fines on your Alma Jordan Library Account, you may login using your UWI credentials. Your account provides the following:
- Profile: full name, student ID number, faculty, year, UWI email, address on file, phone, expiration date and account type.
- A list of Items you have on loan, with due dates.
- Fines are fees assesses to your account
Fines are accessed at the following rates
|Loan Type||Rate(s) Payable|
|14 & 28 day General Loan Books/Journals/Magazines||$1.00 per day|
|Reserved Loan Books (3 & 7 days; 3 hours; Overnight)||$1.00 per hour|
|Recalled General Loan Books/Journals/Magazines||$1.00 per day|
|Electronic Equipment Loan||$20.00 per day|
Users are responsible for returning all Library materials by the due date and are subject to all fines incurred (fines cannot be paid until the item(s) have been returned). Users can renew library loans once, provided the books are not already overdue or have not been recalled. This can be done by telephone – 868-662-2002 exts. 82132 or 84030 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtesy and overdue notices are periodically sent to students' UWI email account. Users are responsible for notifying the Library of any address changes in order to receive courtesy notifications.
Users with fines of $1.00 or more are automatically blocked from borrowing books from the Library. The maximum fine per item is $500.00. Failure to pay fines will result in loss of borrowing privileges and the placement of holds in the Banner system.
Lost/damaged/stolen library items must be immediately reported at the Help Desk (via telephone by calling 868-662-2002 exts. 82132 or 84030 or via email to email@example.com) to prevent fines from accumulating. If a stolen/lost item is not found, patrons are required to cover the cost of its replacement.
The Library will provide you with the total cost of replacement (Item Cost + Processing Fee + Outstanding Fines). The replacement cost of lost/damaged/stolen library items will be determined by the current market value of the item or the cost of the most recent edition. The library will not accept replacement copies purchased by the patron.
Two computer laboratories STARRS and UEC provide printing services to members of The UWI community. Printing is facilitated via a virtual Pharos account that is only valid at The Alma Jordan Library.
|Printing Service (STARRS/UEC)||Rate(s) Payable|
|Black and White
||25 ¢ per printed side of a page|
||$4.00 per printed side of a page|
|Purchase of Copy Card||Rate(s) Payable|
|Additional units to be loaded on the card may be purchased at the Accounts Window during business hours.||$20.00|
Photocopies: General Collection See additional administrative fees if item requested is for publication
|External Requests T&T/CARICOM||$1.00 TT per page (Minimum charge $3.00 TT per page plus postage and service charge of $5.00 TT)|
|External Requests All Other Countries||$0.75 US per page plus postage and a service charge of 10% cost of photocopying (minimum service charge of $10.00 US)|
Photocopies: Special Collections See additional administrative fees if item requested is for publication
|External Requests T&T/CARICOM||$2.00 TT per page (Minimum charge $4.00 TT per page plus postage and service charge of $5.00 TT)|
|External Requests All Other Countries||$1.00 US per page plus postage and a service charge of 10% cost of photocopying (minimum service charge of $10.00 US)|
Digital Images: General Collection
$15.00 TT per image
An additional $5.00 TT per order will be applied for images delivered on CD.
Digital images: Special Collections
In addition to the reprographic charges above, the following administrative fees apply to material requested for publication
- Personal/Individual (Visitors) $500.00 TT
- Non-governmental Organization (NGO) $1000.00 TT
- Corporate Body $2000.00 TT
- Government Department $2000.00 TT
The following terms and conditions apply to all online payment transactions with The Alma Jordan Library:
- The data provided during the transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. The University will only process your personal data in accordance with the University's notification and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation.
- The University cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching your Library Account due to you quoting incorrect personal details.
- The University cannot accept liability if a payment is refused or declined by the credit card supplier for any reason.
- Refunds, where applicable, will be payable by cheque only.
For additional information or clarification, please call The Alma Jordan Library at 868-662-2002 , Ext. 82132 or 84030 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org